Some new Diploma courses after 10th that have been introduced by many educational institutions.
Today’s education system has witnessed a great change. Earlier students did not have many streams of study or courses to opt for but today several courses have sprung up in the education sector. Students after completing their 10th
standard can opt for short and long term diploma courses. Diploma courses of varying field of study are available for students to choose from. Many courses are quite off beat and offer specialization in a subject or discipline of study.
With the introduction of such courses and many others too education industry has diversified itself in a huge way giving greater scope to students after their 10th standard. Most students however still prefer following the traditional courses and path of studies by opting for formal 11th and 12th standard studies.
Some new Diploma courses after 10th that have been introduced by many educational institutions are:
- Vocational courses in fisheries
- Course in tool and die making
- Course in printing technology
- Course in leather technology
- Forest ranger courses
- Course in poultry
- Diploma in dairy management and animal husbandry
- Diploma in general nursing
- Certificate course in applied statistics
- Certificate course in entrepreneurship techniques
- Certificate course in building supervision
Apart from these off beat courses the usual and more popular Diploma courses after 10th that students pursue are:
- Courses in modeling
- Diploma courses in interior designing and decoration
- Diploma in secretarial practice
- Diploma in applied arts
- Diploma in dramatics
- Diplomas in various languages
- Diploma in stenography
- Diploma in beauty culture and hair dressing, garment technology and others
- Diploma in music
- Diploma in dance
- Diploma in medical laboratory technology
- Diploma in accountancy
- Certificate in social service
- Diploma in engineering (electronics, mechanical, electrical, computers, automobile etc.)
Some academic experts still feel that no matter how many diploma courses get introduced in India, preference for placements would be given to students with usual formal educational pattern. Many organizations are opening up to the idea of doing diploma courses after 10th standard but still this pattern of education has a long way to go till it is accepted with open arms.
See Different Types of Entrance Exams Details at Exams