In this article you will find list of biotechnology & genetic engineering colleges in India as of 2012-2013.
List of Institutions in India:
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Marg, New Delhi-110 029.
2. Amravati Uaniversity, Amravati-44 602
3. Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Rajasthan-304 022
4. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore-641 046, TN
5. Bose Institute, P-1/12, CIT Scheme, VII Kankurgachi, Calcutta-700 054.
6. Calicut University, Kozhikode-673 635, Kerala
7. Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-25.
8. Centre for Biotechnology, Pondicherry University, Pondichery-605 014.
9. Centre for Plant Molecular Biology, Tamilnadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore-641 003
10. Consortium India Ltd,. G-6, (3rd Floor), NDSE Part 1, New Delhi.
11. Department of Biotechnology, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore-452 001, Madhya Pradesh.
12. Department of Biotechnology, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-143 005.
13. Department of Biotechnology, Jadavpur University, Calcutta-700 032.
14. Department of Biotechnology, Punjab University, Goa-5.
15. Department of Marine Sciences, Goa University, Goa-5.
16. Department of Microbiology, M.S. University, Vadodara-390 002, Gujarat.
17. Department of Zoology, Poona University, Pune-411 007, Maharashtra.
18. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad-431 004.
19. Faculty of Applied Science, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam-686 560, Kerala.
20. Faculty of Science, G.B, Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar-263 145, Nainital Dist. Uttar Pradesh.
21. Haryana Agricultural University, Hissar, Haryana.
22. Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla-171 005.
23. Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Pusa Campus, New Delhi-110 012.
24. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-560 012.
25. Indian Institute of Technology, Haus Khas, New, Delhi-6.
26. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur-723 102.
27. Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai-400 076.
28. Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar-243 122, Uttar Pradesh.
29. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Masab Tank, Mahaveer Marg, Hyderabad-Anadhra Pradesh.
30. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110 067.
31. Jiwaji University, Gwalior-474 011.
32. Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra-136 119.
33. North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon-425 002.
34. Osmania University, Administrative Building, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh-500 007.
35. Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur-492 010, Chhattisgarh.
36. Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Punjab.
37. Punjab University, Patiala-147 002.
38. Rajendra Agricultural University, PO Pusa, Samastipur, Bihar.
39. School of Biological Sciences, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai-625 021.
40. School of Biotechnology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221 005.
41. School of Life Sciences, Central University, Hyderabad-500 134.
42. Swami Ramanad Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded-431 603.
43. Tezpur University, Tezpur-784 001.
44. University of Delhi. Delhi-110 007.
45. University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad-500 046.
46. University of Kerala, Thiruvananthaouram-34, Kerala.
47. University of Madras, Centenary Building Chepauk, Triplicane PO, Chennai-600 005, Tamil Nadu.
48. University of Mysore, Mysore-570 005.
49. University of Roorkee, Roorkee-247 667.
Further study in this field would involve a doctoral research. A success in the CSIR-UGC JRF examination would be ideal for this. Some of the centres where Biotechnology labs are equipped with advanced facilities are:
1. National Facility for Microbial Type Culture Collection (MTCC) at Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh.
2. National Facility for Collection of Blue Green Algae (BGA) Collection at IARI, New Delhi.
3. National Facility for Marine Cyanobacteria at Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli.
4. National Facility for Plant Tissue Culture Repository at NBPGR, Pusa, New Delhi.
5. National Laboratory Animal House Facilities at Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Luckhnow.
6. National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), Hyderabad.
Genetic Engineering labs with latest infrastructure facilities are:
1. BHU, Varanasi
2. Biochemical Engineering Research and Process Development Centre at IMTECH, Chandigarh.
3. Centre for DNA Finger Printing and Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad.
4. JNU, New Delhi
5. Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
6. National Facility for Animal Cell and Tissue Culture, Pune
7. National Institute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi.
8. The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.