Candles are very popular today and are used for many reasons. We use them to decorate our homes. We use them to soothe our senses. We use them for celebrations as well as religious and spiritual rituals.
Candles are very popular today and are used for many reasons. We use them to decorate our homes. We use them to soothe our senses. We use them for celebrations as well as religious and spiritual rituals. We give them to family and friends as gifts. There is no wonder that candle making is growing in popularity every day.
In this article, you will find creative candle making ideas, instructions for making your own candles, instructions for adding scents and oils to candles and even some ideas about starting a candle-making business. You will also find safety and burning tips as well as information about candle-making classes, books and tutorials.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Make canning jar candles. Use them as a centerpiece to add charm to your dinner table, as a Mother's Day gift, as a fundraiser or as an easy project for children. Personalize your canning jar candles by adding holiday decorations - Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc. Use your creative ideas to design your own.
2. Use old crayons to make candles. Add a splash of cinnamon or vanilla to make scented candles.
3. Make gel candles. They are beautiful, very easy to light, and burn slowly. Add your favorite scent or color. Put them in fancy glasses, wine glasses or vases. Use embeds such as glitter, colorful rocks, marbles, sea shells, crystal to make them unique.
4. Create hand dipped candles. Making hand-dipped candles is more time consuming but the results are absolutely beautiful. Use multiple colors on each candle to give it a unique color scheme.
5. Make Unity Candles for those who are getting married. Personalize the message for the lucky couple. Use a special poem, a meaningful Biblical scripture, or even a photograph of the couple. Add bows to match the color scheme of the wedding.
6. Make your own moulds from everyday household items such as egg shells, milk cartons, egg cartons, rubber balls or jelly moulds.
7. Use layers of different colored wax to make attractive candles that reflect the season or special occasion - red and green for Christmas or rust, brown and orange for fall or Halloween, pink, blue and maybe yellow for a new baby. The choices are endless.
Candle making can be fun, easy and inexpensive. You can make your own candles to use for your home, for gifts or for selling. You are limited only by your creativity. There are many resources available to help you get started. We hope this website will prove to be a great resource for you.