Smoking cigarettes is not always a death cause. But SOMETIMES IT IS. I used to know people who had been smoking since ever and lived many, many years. Even if they didn’t smoke their life, they smoked their health, their money, their youth.
I still can’t understand what is the pleasure of throwing money on ashes and inhaling smoke. Life is full of beautiful things that can make us overcome stress. Then.. why cigarettes?
5 Historical Smoking Facts – things interesting to know
01. Tobacco was used for the first time more than 2,000 years ago by the South American Cultures. The ones who invented cigarettes were the Brazilians – they were rolling tobacco leaves in paper.
02. The words nicotine and nicotiana come from Jean Nicot’s last name, the one who brought tobacco leaves at the French Court.
03. Tobacco was a major crop for Spain and American colonies. It was so valuable that they could use it instead of money. Every piece of land, every empty square that could be found was a good place to plant tobacco. In Virgina, even a law was given – the law required people to grow food also, not just tobacco.
04. Well known people like Thomas Edison and Henry Ford were against smoking. They both declared that tobacco use should be banned.
05. “Reach for a Lucky instead of a Sweet” was the slogan of 1920’s. Makers of Lucky Strike Cigarettes wanted to get into the minds of women who were watching their weight.