Lalbaugcha Raja (The Emperor of Lalbaug), or Lalbaghcha Raja, in Mumbai is one of the most popular Ganesh Pandals during Ganeshotsav.
(The Emperor of Lalbaug), or Lalbaghcha Raja
, in Mumbai is one of the most popular Ganesh Pandals during Ganeshotsav. It is visited by millions of people during the 10-day Ganesh Chaturthi festival. It was founded in the year 1934.
1. Over 1800 residents have been appointed as Special VolunteersVisit All Articles for Lalbaugcha Raja's Photos Since 1934 to 2010:
2. Along with them, a team of about 5000 other volunteers is also ready to help the devotees
3. The mandal had put up an air-conditioned pavilion spread over 60,000 sq ft which could accommodate 12,000-14,000 people at a time.
4. It has more than 150 CCTVs.
5. Every year, 2 crore devotees, including film stars, politicians and top bureaucrats, queue up outside for hours to seek the Lord’s blessings.
6. The 12 feet statue is the main idol for the Lalbaugcha Raja Mandal
7. Lalbaugcha Raja costs 3 Crores, will rake in 8 crores in donations
8. Every day, the idol is dressed in a yellow pitamber (dhoti), a stole and a kambar patta (waistbelt) with a new set of clothes twice every day, at 3 am and 3 pm.
9. Lalbaugcha Raja is 12 feet tall.
10. The idol is adorned with approximately seven to eight kilograms of gold.
1. Lalbaugcha Raja's Photos Since 1934-1948
2. Lalbaugcha Raja's Photos Since 1949-1964
3. Lalbaugcha Raja's Photos Since 1965-1979
4. Lalbaugcha Raja's Photos Since 1980-1994
5. Lalbaugcha Raja's Photos Since 1995-2010